My team met up the next day to discuss the ideas which we had came up with at home and see if we could take any other and develop it further. Everyone had at least one world that they especially liked on the board when we began to round it down. We decided to take 16 of these ideas split them between the four of us.
One idea I took was ‘World under radar’ this was one of Ryan’s ideas, i really liked it and enjoyed the thought of something moving around the world and impacting it in some way. I also decided to try and further develop my old idea of the tesseract as I thought it could have some cool possibilities, I also chose the idea of a terraforming clock which was also one of Ryan’s and finally I took world on a pendulum which I thought could have some interesting factors in regards to time when creating a world.
I narrowed my ideas down to three of my favourite ones and did some sketches to grasp a better idea of what my head was attempting to envision.
This originated from Ryan’s idea of a World under a radar;
- Eccentric orbit
- When close to the sun the plants grow toward it
- When far from the sun the planet curls in on itself as a means of protection from the killer cold
- In my head it kind of looked like a brussel sprout or a hibernating hedgehog
- Plants could be poisonous, super strong, living, undead, anything really, they are space plants.
Space Pirate World
Originated from my tesseract idea;
- Band of space pirates stole and entire planet
- They also managed to steal a Tesseract
- They use this to slip through time and space
- They pray on and pillage weaker planets throughout the universe
I quite liked the idea of this world it originated from Ryan’s terraforming clock idea;
- It’s an entire planet that is dedicated to testing for disasters
- ‘Man’-made or natural
- The planet is inhabited, could be workers could be held there against their will to be used as test dummies
- World would restore itself at the end of the day
- Corrupt profiting business that everyone thinks is good but is secretly enslaving a race of creatures.