During the past week we made some correction to the animatic based on the feedback from the tutors.
First thing I did was create frames to show more clearly that the original ball was the main character. I created these backgrounds in a style like Lauren’s and added the characters on top showing motion.
Next I had to improve the clarity of the shadows so the viewer had a better idea of what was happening.
Here’s a frame showing how I made the shadows more obvious.
I edited the rest of the frames with shadows;
I still think these frames could do with further editing to heighten the contrast between the world and shadow people.
Lauren added more frames to the starting frames to show the motion of the ball clearer (add link to Lauren’s blog)